Below you will find the topics and skills that we will be focusing on during April/ May:
- Reading Workshop: Students will be working in reading groups to read and research animals in nonfiction. They will learn note-taking strategies, synthesize ideas across texts, ask questions, grow ideas about nonfiction, and compare information gathered about 2 different animals.
- Vocabulary: Along with learning new vocabulary during reading groups, students will also continue to learn a Word of the Week.
- Spelling/ Word Study: Students will work on identifying and sorting words based on their spelling patterns/ features.
- Grammar: Dialogue, commas, similes/metaphors
- Writing Workshop: During writing workshop, students will continue writing fairy tale adaptations. They will focus on storytelling their plans, using narration & dialogue, creating an ending, 'showing' not 'telling', using refrains, revising for specific vocabulary, and working through the revision & editing process.
CONTINUE DAILY PRACTICE OF MULTIPLICATION FACTS AT HOME!!!
- Unit 7: Fractions
- Unit 8: Multiplication & Division
Science: Motion & Matter