February Dates to Remember...
Feb 2: Sports Day/ Ticket Auction
Feb 12: Linking Ceremony
Feb 14: Valentine’s Day/ 100th Day of School (Dress
like you’re 100 years old)
Feb 16: Pretzel Day/ Chinese New Year Assembly/
Read to Succeed logs due
Feb 19: No School
Feb 21: Kindness Day
Feb 23: School Spirit Day
Week of Feb 26th: Read Across America!
Feb 26: Wear sports shirt
Feb 27: Wear crazy socks
Feb 28: Wacky Wednesday
Mar 1: Hat Day/ School Picture Day
Mar 2: Wear red, white, and black (like Cat in the
Below you will find the topics and skills that we will be focusing on during February:
- Reading Workshop: Students will be reading fiction books to understand characters. They will develop theories about their character, provide evidence in text to support their theory, make predictions based on what they know about the character, identify problems their character has and how they respond to them, etc.
- Vocabulary: Along with learning new vocabulary during reading groups, students will also continue to learn a Word of the Week.
- Spelling/ Word Study: Students will work on identifying and sorting words based on their spelling patterns/ features.
- Grammar: Action, Linking, and Helping Verbs
- Writing Workshop: During writing workshop, students will continue developing ideas for persuasive speeches. They will choose one to revise and create a final draft. Students will be focusing on addressing their audience, elaborating on reasons to support their opinion, including persuasive facts, organizing ideas, and using proper mechanics.
CONTINUE DAILY PRACTICE OF MULTIPLICATION FACTS AT HOME!!!
- Unit 5: Fractions and Multiplication Strategies