Hello! My name is Katerina DeVito and I am the school counselor at Clara Barton Elementary School. The 2017-2018 school year will be my 10th year serving as a counselor here at CBS! I attended Rutgers University and earned a bachelor's degree in psychology. Afterwards, I attended The College of New Jersey and earned my master's degree in school counseling. I have lived in Bordentown my entire life and went to school here! I love this community and I love being a counselor at CBS!
As an elementary school counselor I am fortunate enough to work with every single student at CBS in one way or another. I perform a variety of tasks in order to promote positive development in academic, career, and personal/social domains. Here are a few ways I help our CBS parents, students & staff:
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Monthly classroom lessons
- Intervention & Referral Services Team facilitator
- 504 Accommodation Plan case manager
- School anti-bullying specialist
- Consult and collaborate with parents, staff and students
- Respond to school crises or emergency situations as a school safety team member
- Provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues
If I can be of any assistance to your student or family this year please feel free to contact me at any time! I look forward to working with you!